Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Miss Rilee's Baptism

On Saturday, October 1, 2012 my little cousin Rylee Smith was baptized. She was glowing in her dress and she was just so excited and hugging everyone in sight! We took a bunch of pictures and we couldn't wait!



There were several weather watches throughout the area and they were there for a good reason. This is what it looked like outside


Ok, so obviously the best part of this day for me was seeing my little cousin enter into the waters of baptism to make those special covenants with her Heavenly Father. SO PROUD! My second favorite moment though, was the fact that she asked my little brother to perform her baptism. She always talked about it when she was younger and it was so touching for me to see it become a reality. I'm so proud of my cousin and so proud of Jake for being a worthy preisthood holder so that he could do the baptism :)


Everything went smoothly. Rylee's feet came up a little bit, but not out of the water so we were safe. When we went in for her confirmation Rylee's three cousins on the Medsker side, fondly referred to as The Twinkies, did a beautiful rendition on "I Am A Child Of God" and Boomer confirmed Rylee a member of the church and gave her the Holy Ghost. It was so beautiful and I love my family and I love this gospel! :)



1 comment:

  1. This post seriously made me cry, you are awesome. Love you..

    ReplyDelete