Saturday, January 21, 2012

Shovels, Sandbags, & Snow Galore!

I woke up this morning, get on my trusty elliptical, and worked out as usual on a Saturday. Then, my dad gets a phone call: the weather is back at it and it's getting bad! Because the ground is frozen from the cold and it's been raining to hard the water is running all over people's yard and it is even in some basements again. Bishop Skinner called needed us to go over and fill a couple hundred sandbags. Since my mom was at a Relief Society thing the rest of us went over to fill. By the time we finished, after about 2.5 hours, we figured that we had filled nearly 1,300 bags for the county! HOLY FRIJOLES!!! It was cold, wet, and slightly painful when the newly-formed blisters decided to pop, but it was definitely worth every second! Here is just a SMALL portion of the bags that we filled:

Mollie and I had quite a few blisters and I started bleeding all over almost every bag that I touched. The first picture of my hands is the best, but if you look hard, you can see the blisters in the second one.

And here are some of the lovely blisters that Mollie picked up while she was tying bags. What a trooper!

And here is what it looks like outside just a few hours after. I should've got one of all of the rain, but I didn't. So, I think that whoever pissed off Mother Nature really needs to apologize because all of this flooding is really damaging. Oh well, It is what it is. As long as there's people in need, we will be there. I LOVE MORGAN!! :)

1 comment: