Every time I think about this I just want to do the Hosanna Shout! I started bawling in my living room and Mom was making fun of me. I felt the Spirit so strong! Let me explain why I'm writing this post:
Two years ago I was Skyping with my dear sister Micquellyn. While we were chatting she told me that she had decided to put in her mission papers. I was stunned, but so excited for her! I thought about how the next 18 months were going to be rough, but I knew that my sister was doing the right thing. Shortly before she left in March I decided that I wanted to follow her example and serve, but I would have to wait. I told her about it and we both just hugged and cried! A few months later my two best buds, Tim and Jaque left and I got even more excited to go. Then, my best friend Caprice left and I almost couldn't stand to wait! I wanted to join my best friends in service of this gospel and my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
I have been working in school for the last 2 years to get into nursing school I have applied several times. I was writing to Caprice about my frustration in not getting in and I officially decided that if I didn't get into the nursing program for the Spring 2013 semester then I would start my mission papers. In August, I received yet another rejection letter. I was pretty bummed. At this point I was realizing that, if I left, I would miss my best friends when they came home and we would be separated for nearly 3 years. I didn't think that going on a mission would be worth missing them.
My dear sister Micquellyn returned home from her mission on October 4th, just before conference. I was able to see her the day after. Seeing her home and seeing the light in her eyes brought back the excitement of being a prospective missionary that I had lost. That night I prayed to Heavenly Father to help me keep the light, and asked if going on a mission was something that I should do. Lo and behold, the VERY NEXT MORNING was General Conference where this glorious prophecy was revealed!!! Most of the talks were about missionary work. I went downstairs to my room, read through my Patriarchal Blessing and new that I was still supposed to serve.
I have had an interview with my bishop and I have finished my mission papers! I have told pretty much all of my family and they are all very supportive, so I am pretty dang excited!


Mo, that is so cool how it answered your prayer. We are beyond excited over here for you!
ReplyDeleteMo, your post made me cry once again, hearing you talk about your new adventure...we are soooooooooo excited for you. You are going to be amazing. I cannot wait till you get the call.......
ReplyDeleteSisy I'm happy to know that I wasnt the only one that cried as I read this post, you have a way of just expressing yourself that makes us all feel what you felt and just to know that you came off triumphant just makes us all feel a little more hopeful about life, you will be a FABULOUS missionary and I cant wait to see what more the Lord has in store for you my dear...I just cant wait!!
ReplyDelete