It seems lately that my patience is being tested more than usual. I totally thought that my call would be here today and I guess the Lord has other plans for me. Maybe I'm just starting to notice all of the things that test me, but it mostly feels like there are just more and more things. And it's mostly the small things that just add up like crazy professors, someone not showing up for work on time, more than difficult patients at work, my call not coming...little things like that. I know that I am truly being tested. It reminds me of a story that President Ferrell told me in our interview:
He told a story about him being in the MTC and really struggling learning Spanish. After 8 weeks all of his companions and roommates were really picking it up and he just couldn't get his tongue around it. He was ready to give in. He was sitting in a room with all of the other Elders and they were playing a game to learn Spanish. The other Elders were just chatting away and President Ferrell thought to himself, "Maybe I am supposed to learn something from this?" It was in that moment that it all just clicked for him. He started speaking Spanish like all of the other Elders!
I started crying when he told me this story! It was truly powerful and so touching. I guess the way I need to look at the disappointment I feel over not getting my call is that the Lord wants me to learn something from it-mainly patience. He knows that it is not my strong point...and I sort of asked for this. :)
Well, hopefully December 5th my call will be here! Loves everyone! :)

It will all be worth it! We love you and will be praying for ya
ReplyDelete