Wednesday, December 5, 2012

You Are Hereby Called to Serve

Dear Sister Freestone:

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the California Sacramento Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.

You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, April 10, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language. Your assignment may be modified according to the needs of the mission president.

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?! I was so nervous when I started to read it (as you can tell in the video)! My initial reaction while reading was, "Sacramento...ok, that's actually not too bad. It's not foreign, but it's still great! That is where I'm meant to be...APRIL 10th?!? THAT'S FOREVER! Ah man...wait, there's more...SPANISH?!?! I may not have gone foreign or sooner, but I get to learn Spanish...what I've always wanted to do!"

I'm really too emotionally spent to make an entire post, but just know that I was surrounded by friends and family members that I love so much. EVERYONE that was there has made an impression on my life in one way or another and I will forever be grateful for all of them (and those on Skype and over the phone) and everything they have done for me :)


1 comment:

  1. I think I could watch that video 100 times and still cry:) We are so proud of you! So excited! Love ya

    ReplyDelete