Monday, February 28, 2011

Games, Birthdays, and a Bittersweet Farewell

So on the 26th, Micquellyn, Jaque, Dani and Blake Poll, and I went to the boys state basketball game. The car was quite crammed and this caused the windows to fog up and Jaque is just a bad driver to begin with. Well, he cut off this car...not kidding...I almost died! I should be used to it with Jaque. On our many outings together he has driven over a curb and almost took the bottom out of his car, got the van stuck in a snowbank, went 90 mph on Legacy, and hit a traffic barrel and messed up the rear-view mirror on the van as well. Anywho...he cut off a car and the guy in the left lane drove by us and gave Jaque the "are you smoking weed" sign. It was HILARIOUS!!! =) So we went to the basketball game and, unfortunately, we lost. It was a rough game. But it was a blast!!
Me and Micquellyn at the game

Sunday was a great day as well! I woke up and saw my beautiful baby sister on the couch! And it was her 13th birthday! OMGOSH!! I'm getting so old! My baby sister is 13!! Wow...we opened presents that morning. I love that girl!

 Me and Mollie the morning of her birthday!



 Mollie opening her pants!

That night we had another grandparent party. We all got together and opened some more presents and watched movies, had ding dongs and ice cream and it was EPIC!! I LOVE you SMALLZ!! =)

The Flinstone bunch =)

Well, the afternoon of the 27th was my dear friend Micquellyn's farewell! Wow...it still really hasn't sunk in that she's leaving. It feels like I just went to listen to her talk in church...and that's it. Hmmm...maybe when it all sinks in and she actually leaves I'll have my standard freak out bawl session. Her farewell talk was AMAZING! She'll do great things! She'll be an amazing missionary! =) I went over to her house after and had a great time with her and all of her HUGE family! =) Haha! I talked to a bunch of her family and I hung around for a few hours. We took some adorable pictures! This may well be the last picture of the three of us together for three and a half years...

Jaque, Me, and Micquellyn

 Micquellyn and I


 Well, I always put some of my favorite memories of those whose farewells I attend...so here is my attempt at paraphrasing my experiences with Micquellyn:
1) I loved when we would go to the temple in the mornings. It originated when Micquellyn was a senior and I would go with her and a bunch of other seniors...quite strange for a socially awkward sophomore! The best, though, was my junior year when Micquellyn had already graduated. Me, her, and Preston would go every morning and let me tell you....some of the best moments EVER in the car with those guys!! GIVE ME THAT CARD! HAHA!!
2)The night of "The Storm of 2010" was awesome! We were just hanging out and the storm hit and it was decided then and there...slumber party!! Me and Micquellyn were over the moon about this! We were all up till midnight playing games, watching tv and it was a blast with her! I THINK YOU'RE CONFUSED!
and 3) My all-time favorite memory is the first time I went to the Johansen house. We watched Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. I just got to sit by my dear sister for an hour and a half and just layed on her shoulder. Good times. =)

So obviously this is going to be a hard year and a half, but it's what's supposed to happen so all will work out right. LOVES!!

1 comment:

  1. A blog?! Yeah Mo! Cedric was very excited when I clicked on your page and he saw his cousin Mo. We love you! Email me so I can add you to our blog to be able to view it. alwayschasingsimplicity@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete