Monday, July 25, 2011

Thou Shalt Keep The Sabbath Day Holy (This Means No Illegal Fireworks)

So I've been a huge slacker and this post has been sitting patiently in my drafts for about 2 months now so here we go...

Ok, so I guess I've been putting this post off as long as possible. I guess I don't want to admit that it's happening, not that it's a bad thing. I'm just not too keen on the idea that another one of my best friends is leaving the country for a couple of years. On Wednesday June 8th, Jaque left for the MTC (Missionary Training Center) in Provo, Ut. He'll be there for a couple of weeks and then he'll head to Guatemala. SO exciting! The day of his farewell was quite a blast! Well, he did awesome. It was a perfect Jaque talk. The after party at his house was awesome too! I came home because we were having dinner with the missionaries. After that I went back over to Jaque's house to watch a little bit of Psych and then once Tim got there we went outside (is was really wet) and lit off a bunch of bottle rockets. It was a blast! I was lighting one and the fuse was sliding down the shaft. When it got within a couple of inches of my fingers I dropped it. Realizing what I had done I ran like no other! I ran off of the side of a small rock wall with some plants below it, fell through a bush, and smacked down on the pavement...my knee hurt like a beast but all I could do was laugh...same with the boys! I couldn't kneel down for a a week or two, but it was worth it!

Kristen, Tim, Jaque, and I

The next Thursday I came home from school for our last weekend together. Jaque, Dani, and I went and saw Thor that night and it was so much fun! We were all just yelling and the screen and we had such a fun time! The movie wasn't bad either. I never saw all of them again until Saturday night when Jaque, Kristen Hair, and I drove to meet Tim and his brother at the Megaplex to see X-Men Origins. Once again, another EPIC movie! After it was over we went to McDonald's for some ice cream and whatnot. We were blasting a bunch of lame songs that we knew every word and beat to. I was almost crying I was laughing so hard!!! Sunday I was kind of not sure what to do with myself. It was the last day I would see my buddy for 2 years! I was going to go to his house that night around 7:30 and when I got there no one was home. His cell was off too. I was like seriously devastated! I left him a message telling him to call me and started to make the long trek back to Orem. I cried all of the way to Kaysville where Jaque called and asked how far I'd gotten. I did a U-turn so fast the cops wouldn't have even seen it! I was SOOO relieved!!! I was half-crying/half-laughing when I saw him and gave him a hug...oh crazy moments that make my life interesting. I played an epic game of boys vs. girls kickball and then roasted starbursts and marshmallows with his whole family. When it finally came time for me to leave it was pretty awkward...both of our famous last words were, "Don't do anything stupid." Maybe not the most inspiring words ever, but fitting for both of us nonetheless. :)

This is collage of a few of our many adventures...that is all I have to say about it :)

I'm not really sure what to do with myself for the next two years. Maybe I'll actually have to talk to guys and make friends now...weird. Well, that about sums up my last weekend with Jaque, or Elder Johansen now! Go get 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment