I decided that I needed to get rid of some steam. For those of you who know me, you know that I absolutely LOATHE cooking!! I believe it is of the devil! For some reason I felt like cooking chicken for my favorite kind of chicken salad. I took my sweet time, all alone in the apartment, listening to hymns, cooking chicken and cutting grapes and celery. After I was done cooking I felt so much better!
That night, my dear sister was chatting with me on Skype. When she found out about my morning she immediately video called me and we talked for a good hour and a half. We talked about so many different things! One thing that was quite a surprise was that my dear sister, whom I've looked up to since I was a freshman in high school, is going to serve the Lord for 18 months around the same time her dear brother, and my best friend will leave for 24 months. I'm so excited, yet the selfish me wants to curl up and cry. I'm going to be strong adn be the most supportive friend I can be!
It is strange how the Lord places challenges in your lives in ways that you would never expect. The most amazing things are the people that he places there to help you evercome these trials. If there is one thing and nothing else that I have learned in my short 18 years, it is that God truly knows us. He knows what we can and can't handle, and He knows exactly what's best for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment